Psalms 139: 1- 6 “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise, you perceive my thoughts from afar,. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord know it completely. You hen me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.“
Reflection: We can not control our thoughts and they take us to dark places, We hope that God brushes these thoughts aside as the things that are not important.
Prayer of appreciation
- Our father God in heaven, we thank you for the blessings that you have showered up us these past days. Especially the past night and morning, giving us peaceful rest in the safety of our own homes. Which is a blessing beyond our counting. We know that we can lay our heads down and go to sleep in our own homes safe and secure from warfare and aggression from outside sources. We pray that one day this whole world will feel and experience such peace. Lord thank you for all these blessings and help us to appreciate them all to acknowledge them and to give the wonder of them to others who do not feel that about you. Help those who are taking your gospel in different parts of the world, including our own country that they make take that message and sow it in fertile ground. That people will turn back to you, and that those who are wavering and unsure will be assured and know that you are our help in every way. Any kind of trouble we bring unto you Lord, you will show us the way to deal with the problem whatever it may be.
- Give us the strength courage to do these things even if they feel difficult to us. Help us to appreciate the wonderful gifts that we share with each other in this country. Give everyone peace we pray, especially those experiencing men’s aggression against men. Help us to curb and control our aggression one to another.
- Help us to tread the path that you show us, to tread it as faithfully as possibly, to do it willingly and acknowledging the wonders that you give us.
- Thank you that we are in a peaceful and not a war torn country. Thank you that we have been spared the war of aggression. and that your will be done on earth aa s it is in heaven. Help those leaders of our nations to turn from aggression and power seeking and turn back to acknowledging that we are part of each other that no one can live and succeed happily without the help of their brothers and sisters. We all need each other even as each one of is is helpless without you. We ask your blessings on all those in command that they will seek to do justly, wisely and humanly by all who surrounds them.
- We thank you for those taking your message to the far and wide world, and near, help them to have the courage to speak broadly with knowledge and truth that you are with them all the part of the way, in spite of whatever opposition they may be facing. Be with those people in those lands where they are inhumanly treated be with them and comfort them in their needs. Help them to know that you will give them strength and courage to stand up to these things. These things we leave in your hands .
- We thank you for the care of our loved ones that are near and dear to us especially those suffering illness of the body, mind. or spirit. You know our needs even before we bring them to you. You know how families are turning to you. They need your help. Expectant mothers, help them to bring their babies safely, oh Lord we ask. We can ask you in you mercy to intercede for all those who are heavily pregnant,. Look after them and their babies. We pray for nurses to care and understand, to do all that is necessary to bring babies safely .
- Please bless all those who are suffering mentally, physically and spiritually, to turn to you and find help, reassurance warmth of you love and care at all times and in all places. Thank you for easing anxiety, bringing laughter and smiles to the sick. Thank you for answered prayers. Thank you for comforting anxious parents and guardians. Thank you for easing frightening experiences. We thank you Lord for the help you have given us separately and individually, meeting our needs. Help us to remember at all times that we are so dependent upon you and that without you we can do nothing. Be with us in every step that we take in these coming days and thereafter. To follow in the path you have given us, following faithfully and gladly. These things we ask in Jesus name. Amen.