Reading Olive: “So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine , according to his power that is at work within us.”
1 Corinthians 2: :7-10 “Now, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. and none of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written ‘What no eyes has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived- the things God has prepared for those who love him, these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.'”
- Our Father God in heaven, we come to you this morning to say thank you for all the blessings which we have received throughout the previous days and through this last night when we were safe and secure in our own homes;; knowing we were safe from molestation and any outward threats in this land.
- We are so grateful Lord that we have a secure base in which we can live and feel at home and that we can know that we can speak freely with you and of you wherever we wish at anytime. Because Lord we know there are many places in this world where people who love you very dearly and deeply can not open their mouths in case they will be over heard.. Please let those who threaten and oppress your name be overcome and learn of the errors of their ways and turn to you and be able to look after their fellow men.
- We pray for all those who are suffering sickness,, whether be it of the soul, mind or body, in whatever way, please help them to know you and to know that you are near them and can turn to you for comfort wherever they are in the world.
- For those who are taking your message far and wide, and in our own country, please Lord, give them clarity of mind that their tongues speak truly and freely of the deep things of God, in spirit and in truth. To speak about the great gift of salvation through of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- For those who are in special need of your comfort Lord, may we bring to you our friends and families that they may have a peaceful Christmas and that their day be fully occupied with praise, joy and thanksgiving of bringing them through crises and problems.
- For all who are in our community and fellowship, troubled in mind, soul and body , please bring them comfort. You know who they are. Raise up people to identify those who need our help in various ways, open our way so that we are there for each other.
- Can we ask that you will be in the hearts and minds of those who are in command in government and any official posts that they will honour the needs of the people they serve in which they are engaged. that they will know that they are there to help all people , equal responsibilities to everyone. To care for all not just individual groups.
- We ask for your peace.
- Bring forward the coming of Christ. May there be peace throughout the world.
If we are to go through more trial and tribulations please be near to comfort us. People are suffering unnecessarily in some circumstances through human selfishness, and your land and the world which should be a land of peace and joy is a land of suffering. We are sorry Lord Jesus that we have not heeded your words, counsel and warnings. Please help those in need of your care,
- It seems that you can not listen to the news without being brought face to face with yet another horrible tragedy , making us feel so inadequate and wishing we can do more,. Make us realise our past mistakes and stop history from repeating itself. Help us stop bad things happening, and learn from past mistakes.
- On the other hand, we know there are many who are doing wonderful things, saving lives at sea, rescuing children and rescuing people and contributing to charity. There are so many wonderful people and we give thanks and gratitude. Strengthen and give us courage to stand firm on your word, love and promises in Jesus name, Amen.