Mathew 6: 24- 26
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body; what you will put on . Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap no gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”
Olive- Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes. If any man save me let him follow me. Wherever I am there shall also my servant be. If any man save me him shall my father honour. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me that I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest for your souls. My yoke is easy and my burden is light. Oh Lord our God, other Lords besides me have had dominion over us but by the only we will make mention thy name. I will run in the way of thy commandment and thou shall enlarge my heart.
- Dear Lord, we do thank you for another opportunity to give thanks to you. We thank you that we can base our thinking on your word. We praise you for your word and the way in which it speaks to us. Heavenly Father, thank you for a new day. Thank you that we can commit this new day to you acknowledging our needing of your help in all the things we expect to be involved in today. We pray for your presence and your blessing this day. We thank you for the beauty of this morning and for the time of the year.
- We thank you that we have warmth and comfort and the help that we need in various ways. We think of our situation, and remember those in awful situations, war zones, with no heating or water. We remember Ukraine.. Deliver them from their enemies. We pray that you will help all the nations of the world to live in peace . As we think of our countries and the world we bring to you the needs of the world . Give is wisdom and guidance to follow truth and righteous ways rather than materialism and all the things that take us away from you. Raise up people who can lead in the right way and that you can prompt and guide the people who have control now that they do the right things for the good of all.
- We thank you that we have friends, some who need your special help all the time. We continue praying for the sick, prisoners, and expectant mothers. We pray that there will be joy for them at this time of the year.. We pray that you continue to use and bless those on treatments to counteract illness.
- Bless families at this time. Many people need our prayers without mentioning all but you know them Lord and we bring their needs to you. We bring various needs for you for your help and enabling. We commit them to your care at this time.
- Help us to pray throughout the day as things occur.
- Help us to walk bravely with you.
- Help us to know your help in the smaller things and bigger things. To remember your grace and mercy always. We commit everything to you. in the name of our precious Lord Jesus Christ.
- Please grant us the ability to follow the right path and make the right choices. We fall short of your glory, therefore we seek the enabling power of your son Jesus Christ in everything we do. Remember us Lord and be an everlasting presence in our lives. For we are nothing without you. Continue to help us us to walk in love and do good. We may have good intentions but without your help we stumble. Help us to rise up again and again and to never give up or give in. Help us remember that we must not get weary in well doing because before long we shall see good results.
We believe and trust in you.
Thank you for your mercies for us through the cross. Thank you for Jesus sake. Amen