Reading Olive. Love one another be subject one to another.
James 4: 5-6 “Or do you think the Scripture says in vain, ‘The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealousy’? But he gives more grace. Therefore He says ‘God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble’.
1 Peter 5: 5-6 “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble” Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.”
Psalm 138:6 “But though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar.”
Proverbs 3:34 “Toward the scorners he is scornful, but to the humble he gives favour. The wise inherit honour, but the fools get only shame.”
- Father God in Heaven, we come to you this day thankful for another gift for another day, and week that we can try to live up to the standards that you have set for us and knowing that we can not attain these levels but you are there to lift us, carry us and hold us to the path. We so desire we can depend upon your love, your care and your wisdom to take us through any situation and stay on the path where Jesus Christ set out for us. Oh lord help us please to place our footsteps firmly in the steps of the Lord and lead ourselves onwards towards you that we may greet you with joy when the day comes when you will call us home.
- Lord help us to be forbearing and gentle with all the people who we come into contact, help us to accept that it is the grace of God in any situation because know one has ever been tried to understand what real temptation is like. Let us remember in all circumstances that only the meek, humble and the lowly can enter into God’s kingdom.
- Help us to avoid self pride, self and praise in all situations. Thank you Lord for the blessings you heap upon us individually and on all those we love, and we ask those blessings be extended throughout this day day to all your children wherever they are on this earth. Help them to know that in their need they have comfort not earthly comfort but believing in you that great joy is to come. There will be no more sorrow, no more tears but an ever unending joy with our Lord.
- We pray for all those who have to handle policy, decision making of the nations in High office or lower level of government, please help them to seek guidance from your from their own conscience to know right and wrong. Help those in government office to understand this, to do what is right for everybody not just self be self seeking.
- For those who have so much more than their fair share of this world goodness help their hearts to be turned always to make sure that they share what they have even giving more than we would be comfortable with if we are asked to do so. Please help those trying to resolve all the strife and troubles that are going on in our world to help people; help them to swallow their pride and accept that if they are to back down, to do so in humility. Help them to backdown, to accept that they can not always have all that they want and losing face in the eyes of the community and humanity is okay. Help them accept what is right and good for the rest of humanity. Help us resolve all these problems and not threaten people with all manners of repercussions, there is no need for it.
- Help us to share in the bounty you have given us because there is enough and excess.
Forgive men kind greediness and lack of consideration for each other and help us all to turn our eyes to you and know that there is sufficiency for all.
- Help us to understand that we bring these problems upon ourselves . Help those who are suffering in all manner of ways, mentally physically and spiritually. Please us to turn to your care and those who are struggling to know that we have a caring and loving God. Your love for us is unconditional. .You have often reminded us to come as we are, broken, burdened, weak and so on. You love us as we are. We ask all these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.