Reading :Romans 12: 2 ” Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God- what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.”
Ephesians 2:8-9, 10 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves., it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Galatians 6:9 “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”
Psalms 37:3 “Trust in the Lord, and do good: dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.”
Mathew 5:16 “In the same way, let your light before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
1 Corinthians 16:31 ” Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his presence continually.”
1 Peter 3:17 “For it is better to suffer for doing good , if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.”
1 Thessalonians 5:15 “See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.”
- Dear Lord, we thank you for your good standards of living. which you set before us. We confess we fall short of them but we pray for your grace to enable us to worship you and to seek to know and do your will day by day. We need your guidance and your direction . We need your help that we may indeed seek your honour and glory and not our own.
- Heavenly Father, we pray that this attitude of good will and service might be strengthened in our church and our communities. Meet the many many needs which exist and that needy people might receive help through your love and your mercy working though us.
- Heavenly Father, we need your enabling because we are weak and you are strong.
- We thank you as we count this day for all the blessings that you are ready and willing to impart. Give us the faith to seek your help. We thank you that we can commit one another to your care this day.
- We pray that you grant us a refreshing throughout this day that you set aside for us to worship and to consider your word and your truth. Lord bless us this day we pray, not just to us but to our friends and our fellowship and to all who meet in your name around the globe.
- We thank you for this season of the year we remember your coming to this earth.
- We thank you that you came in such great weakness and humility . We thank you that you lived to serve and to guide, heal and to help us. We thank you Lord that you were willing to go through to the end of your journey here on earth for our salvation. You came to seek and to save the lost.
- Lord Jesus we could love you more so we better. We pray that you guide people who have positions of authority in our country and in the world. We pray that even if they do not seek your guidance, they might be directed by your will, they might be given wisdom to see the goodness of those that they care for, We commit them to you.
- We pray for all the people who who will be preaching your word today that by your spirit that you guide them to shed light on your truth and apply it effectively. We pray that you give us ears to hear and that you will open the hearts of those who do not know you to come to faith in the Lord Jesus and to see for themselves who you really is. We commit ourselves to you, please enable us to seek good and purpose on doing good. Without your help Lord Jesus, we won’t get far. Only with your help we are able to stay on the path and not fail. Enable, empower, guide and strengthened us. We give all the glory to you. May you light continue to shine this day. We bring all these requests with our thanksgiving to you for Jesus’ sake name alone. Amen.