By whom you were called by the fellowship of his son Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith without wavering for he is faithful that promised, (Hebrews 10:23). God has said I will dwell in them and walk in them and I will be their God and they shall be my people. Truly our fellowship is with the father and his son Jesus Christ. Rejoice as much as you are partakers in Christ sufferings that when his glory is revealed you may be glad also and exceedingly so. Being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height and to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the son of God shall be saved
Focusing on good values
Our father God in heaven, we come to you today to ask for your forgiveness for the thoughts and works that we human beings have on the values of our world. We thank you for all the many blessings that you bring to us, blessings that are too numerous for us to count, blessings when even one is withdrawn from us will make such a huge difference to the value and comfort of our lives.
- Lord, it seems that the more value we should focus on your blessings and gifts, instead, we care and love for things that profit us nothing. Help us all even those with little to value the things you give us.
- Let those who govern us learn that the gifts of this world are to be used for the benefit of all mankind and for the use of preserving this wonderful world which you have given us and which we have used so disgracefully. Have mercy on those who are on the wrong end of the good things of this world because you want us all to enjoy your world and glory in it so that we may praise and glorify you. Help us not to turn it into a wicked mockery of what it should be. We are so sorry, and apologise. We say please help us to do all we can to set better standards and to cut down on the hypocrisy and mockery that money seems to impose on people. We thank you for our individual blessings. We thank you for the peaceful night most people have enjoyed, safe and secure in their homes and knowing they are protected, will be fed, clothed and cared for. For those who have not, Lord help us all to work harder together that others too may know the love of God. Let it extend to each one of us and help each and everyone of us to turn to you. We ask you to help us keep values in line with what Jesus Christ taught us that we are servants to each other.
- Thank you most gratefully for all the blessings. Quite hideously sometimes we live our lives without valuing them. Thank you for helping us to appreciate them, all the gifts you give us. We give you thanks not just occasionally but to keep in our hearts the sense of gladness and happiness that we are so loved by you. We remember In our communities people with special needs, we ask you to help them. You care and you never give us a greater load than we can carry.
- We bring our burdens to you to carry. We thank you for caring, for restoring health and showing us your great mercies. For those who are anxious and worried about what life brings to them, worried about money, warmth, and food; help them too. We ask your guidance, strength on how to manage life.
- Those in command of the world resources and the rulers that govern us, please let their hearts and minds be turned to their fellow men. We can but ask you for help in situations we can not intervene. You taught us that true faith move mountains,, therefore we ask that the miseries we are enduring at this moment be things of the past. Bless us.
- Bless those taking your message of hope with strength and comfort them. When they are in despair on how they are going to carry on, please give them strength, courage and sustain them. Please give them the means to accomplish the work they are carrying out. Give them and comfort them when they wonder how they are going to continue. Sustain them Lord Jesus. Give them a clear message.
We thank you that we can bring all our problems to you even when we feel life is not treating us fairly. We know when we bring our problems to you, you will receive them. We thank you that everything is taken care of. We receive the blessings and rewards that you promised us.
- It is a difficult thing to accept in our mortal life the struggles we often face and to wait for your intervention. Please help us Lord. We are thankful of all the mercies we already have had. We need to learn to value what God has given us.
Give us the will.