Reading ,Olive: I and my father are one. Psalms 91:1 – 7′ “He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the almighty. I will say of the Lord, ” He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge. His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand , but it shall not come near you.”
There shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat and for a place of refuge, and for a cover from the storm and rain (Isiah 4:6).
The Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand and the sun shall not smite you by day nor the moon by night. When my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Thou art my hiding place. Thou has been a strength to the poor and the needy.
Psalms 27: 1 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you, he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
John 5: 11 “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.”
Reflections: He is telling us that there is nothing to harm us as long as we are with him. We need His presence in our troubles. We need Faith. A case of faith , there will be troubles, storms and challenges but one will be supported in them . Problems are inevitable. According to your troubles so shall my strength be. He supports us in our troubles.
- Heavenly Father, we do want to thank you for the word which is a comfort to us and strength . We acknowledge that in times past when we have been up against it wondering how on earth we will come through, you have been with us and you have brought us through even when the situation seems impossible at the time. Thank you Lord as we remember you past mercies and past deliverances Thank you Lord that we can look to you in the future and know that you are faithful, strong and you are with us. We confess that we easily give way to fear, we need your Holy spirit to give us the gift of faith and trust in all circumstances and at all times.
- Thank you Lord that we can look to you in our times of need.
- Thank you for a new day and the promise of it. Help and guide us today, Thank you for all you are giving to us. Please help us in all our contacts with different people and the things that may transpire today. Lord Jesus, we commit everything to you and to walk with you through this day by your help and grace. We pray for ourselves. We pray for one another and for our friends in their need that you will be with them to comfort them.
- We thank you for the prospect of meeting together we pray that you bless our fellowship. We thank you for our friends each one of them. We thank you that we are united together in faith.
- We thank you for peace and safety.
- We thank you for or church and its ministries to give us this good foundation for life. Please help those friends who need you more, those with poor immunity, restore their health. We ask that you over rule and give wisdom to the professionals.
- Thank you that we can bring these things to you and you are willing to ,listen to us for Jesus’ sake.
- We pray for the world and our nation that people can get wisdom from you to order things around, that they may turn to you for wisdom; that they may return to faith and rely on you in our country and through the world. May your kingdom come and you will be done we pray. We ask all these things and the forgiveness of our sins in Jesus name , Amen.