Reading, Olive: He that comes to me I will no wise cast out (John 6:37). It should come to pass when he cries out to me that I will hear him, for I am gracious. I will not cast them away neither will I abhor them to destroy or break my covenant with them. For I am the Lord their God. I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant . Come now , let us reason together says the Lord. Though your sins are scarlet they should be as white as snow. Though the will be red like crimson they should will be as wool. Let the wicked forsake his ways and the unrighteous his thoughts. Let him return unto the Lord and He will have mercy upon him and our God will abundantly pardon . Lord remember me when thou cometh unto thy Kingdom. Jesus said to him , “Verily I say unto thee today shall thou be with me in paradise.” A bruised reed shall he not break and a smouldering wick shall he not snuff out.
Our Father God in heaven, we come to you this morning to say thank you for the blessings which you have showered upon us from the day of our birth until now.
- We thank you for our peaceful night in comfortable warm beds, secure in houses which we know will not be invaded.
- We know that we can speak to you today in freedom and not afraid of being hurt or coerced in any way. These things Lord we thank you for, for many in this world do not have these freedoms and we are very grateful that we can freely speak to each other at anytime and not be in any kind of trouble or punishment.
- Lord, we thank you that you give us comfort when we are troubled, you give us health when we feel ill we know we can come to you and that you will respond and that we are assured to receive the comfort and the care that we need.
- Lord, we ask that you will bless our friends and relatives, our Christian friends, brotherhood and sisterhood around us that they come to you at anytime and any day and get help.
- Give the sick comfort. Bless all those who are suffering in any way.
- Bless those who are bereaved and feeling the ravages of grief, please Lord, give them comfort. Let them know that the pain will ease and that happier memories will take that place and that they may continue to be happy in the knowledge that they will meet their loved ones again. – Lord, we ask that you give us the ability to help others in the world in their hour of need. Help us to follow in Jesus steps to walk in love, to help the hungry and think of others.
- We are thankful to those preaching the word in your name that it may travel far into the world and reach people who would not have heard it before. We pray that your word will reach people and lighten their hearts, that they get to know and experience the love of God and the knowledge that through Jesus Christ they can be saved from sin and forgiven. Help your people to turn to you . Let them know that whatever challenges they are facing will never be beyond what they can actually bear with your help. You will never give us a burden greater than we have the strength to carry. With you on our side we are able to get through..
- We commit the leaders of our country and those of our world that they will turn if not to you but to whatever good influence there are in their lives. Help them Lord to know that it is their duty as human beings to treat each citizen well not to cause pain and trouble. For those inflicting cruel punishment in warfare please let there be some means us humans can bring to bring a halt to it.
- Give heating, warmth, food, and ease the danger. Help us bring an end to it as we do not seem to be doing a good job of it at the moment. We thank you for all the things we so often forget to say thank you for, and we take things for granted which only happens with your knowledge and blessings. Forgive us Lord. Help us to turn to you, to thank you, to praise you and show our gratitude in trying to emulate Christ’s love for each other. We ask these things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.